Join Our Team
Please send a cover letter and current resume with the job title as the subject to email@example.com.
Sr. Software Development Engineer - Windows
Preferred Location: Boston, MA or New York City, NY
Are you a leader in knowing all the corners of Windows System APIs? Do you have a passion for solid code and a penchant for shipping software? If you do, then AuriStor is looking for a seasoned Windows System and Application developer like yourself to join us.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of building and delivering high quality Windows products that interface at the system and application layers and will thrive in a startup environment, rapidly creating great stable code while addressing early user needs.
In this role, you will help design and implement various components of our distributed network file system package on Windows desktop and server platforms. This includes core system level components and end user administration tools. You will be comfortable communicating with customer, end user and open source communities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ year relevant work experience
- 5+ years professional experience in software development on Window systems
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Experience in writing high performance, cross platform and reliable C and C++ code
- Strong passion for creating system solutions that scale to global levels
- System programming and application programming on Windows. Experience with native Win32 (including GUI), socket programming, Windows Installer, Windows services, Windows security (both SSPI and Crypto APIs), application deployment, concurrency, internationalization, MMCs, Explorer Shell extensions, and WMI
- Proven track record of developing complex products that have been successfully deployed to users
- Experience with Microsoft Development Tools including Visual Studio 2003 through 2008, Platform SDK and WDKs
- Experience with cross platform, distributed and threaded development
- Familiarity with information security. (X.509, GSS/SSPI, Kerberos, TLS, SASL, SCRAM) a plus
- Familiarity with network file system protocols a plus
- Familiarity with the WiX installer generator including the ability to write custom install methods a plus
- Excellent research and documentation skills are a must
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Good ability to communication members of the team, user and members of open source communities
- Development experience on Mac OS X and Linux or FreeBSD is a plus