Join Our Team
Please send a cover letter and current resume with the job title as the subject to email@example.com.
Software Development Engineer – UNIX/Linux
Preferred Location: Pittsburgh, PA, Boston, MA or New York City, NY
AuriStor is looking for a strong software engineer who can make our network file system technology the most robust and performing cloud storage experience on UNIX and Linux platforms.
In this role, you will implement and maintain various components of our distributed network file system package on UNIX and Linux desktop and server platforms. This includes core system level components and administration tools. You will be comfortable communication with both client and open source communities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ year relevant work experience
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Experience in writing high performance, cross platform and reliable C and C++ code
- Strong passion for creating system solutions that scale to global levels
- In depth experience with system programming and application programming on UNIX and Linux. Experience with file system, networking, memory management, standard libraries and portability across multiple UNIX and Linux targets
- Experience with standard development tool chains including gcc, make and autoconf
- Experience with cross platform, distributed and threaded development a plus
- Familiarity with information security. (X.509, GSS/SSPI, Kerberos, TLS, SASL, SCRAM) a plus
- Familiarity with network file system protocols a plus
- Excellent research and documentation skills are a must
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Good ability to communication members of the team, user and members of open source communities
- Development experience on Mac OS X and Windows is a plus